Yorky's fast food is a small diner specializing in local fast food and Greek cuisine. With the glowing yellow gyro lighting the front window, it is no secret that of the other Chicago favorites served, the specialty dish is the gyro. This box-shaped eatery adorned with a chicken in its name has been quite famous to local residents since its opening 30 years ago. It does not seem to be going anywhere with the busy shuffle of customers, chatter, and much chomping that comes with the lunch time rush.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10:00am - 9:00pm; Sat, 11:00am - 8:00pm; Sun, 11:00am - 7:00pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The diner sits at street level aside from about a two-inch curb.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Specialties: Gyro and chicken
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Greek, Sandwiches
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Gyro
- Price level: $
- Features: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: None