York High School underwent a major restoration and expansion after Elmhurst residents approved a $70 million referendum in 2000. The new York High School, which includes a 59,000-square-foot field house, was dedicated March 14, 2004.
In addition to a robust selection of classes and extracurricular activities, York offers a comprehensive college and career resource center, Peer to Peer Tutoring program and freshmen mentor program.
The principal is Diana Smith.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1920
- Number of students: 2,582
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 94.4
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 199
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: Amnesty International, fishing, drama, FCCLA, handball, intramurals, Mirrors, Scholastic Bowl, Science Olympiad, Skills USA, Speech Team, Student Council, Y's Tales yearbook, student government.
- Student clubs: As.Is, Auto Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Circle of Friends, French Club, Gamers Guild, International Club, Italian Club, Japanese Animation Club, Key Club, Law Club, Math Team, Military History Club, Model UN, National Honor Society, Spanish Club
- Sports teams: Cross country, football, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, volleyball, lacrosse, basketball, wrestling, bowling, gymnastics, baseball, softball, water polo, track