Visitation Church and School
Visitation Parish, in the Diocese of Joliet, was founded in 1953. The nine-acre site includes the church, school, convent, rectory, chapel and gymnasium.
The parish is undergoing a major renovation to update buildings and add much-needed space to prepare for future generations. Renovations include replacing Madonna Hall with a new Parish Center, modernizing the school and creating safer pathways for children, creating handicap accessibility, increasing meeting space to support parish ministries and programs — all with as little disruption as possible in the day-to-day life at the parish.
- Hours: Mass is held Sun at 7am, 8:30am, 10am and 11:30am; Sun, 5:15pm; Sat, 5:15pm; Daily Masses, Mon- Fri, 6:15am; Sat, 8:15am. Saturday Confession: 4pm - 5pm or by appointment.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jun 11 1953
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of students: 500
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Denomination: Catholic
- Congregation size: 3,000
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Preschool through eighth grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student council, band, arts, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts
- Sports teams: Volleyball, basketball, football, cross country, track