Immanuel Lutheran Church and School
Immanuel Lutheran School was founded in 1879 as a one-room schoolhouse. The corresponding church was founded 14 years later, and has supported the school ever since with prayer and financial resources. Students attend chapel services once a week to sing, pray and understand God's relationship to them. Classroom devotions are offered on a daily basis. Many Elmhurst residents are familiar with the lighted red cross that sits atop the church bell tower.
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm. Worship services: Sat, 5pm; Sun, 8:30am (effective Sept. 5), 11am.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1879
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of students: 279
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Lutheran
- Number of faculty: 14
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Congregation size: 1,390
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Preschool through eighth grade
- Extracurricular activities available: Choir and instrumental music, athletics, drama, Spanish
- Sports teams: The school participates with other Lutheran schools in the West Suburban Lutheran Athletic League. Boys and girls competition includes cross country, volleyball, basketball, track. Girls also can participate in cheerleading and poms.
- Uniforms: No