More than 30,000 Elmhurst residents—70 percent of the city—have Elmhurst library cards, which isn't surprising considering how much the library has to offer. From databases for researching genealogy to its video game collection, the library is a popular spot for more than just books. Patrons can access audiobooks, movies, music, research databases, resources for job seekers and a wide range of digital content, including eBooks, eReaders, eMagazines and more.
According to the library's annual report, through April 2012 the facility circulated more than 1.5 million items. More than a half-million visits to the library's website were logged and an average of more than 1,500 people walked through the library's doors each day. The library is a popular meeting space for students as well as businesses, local clubs and organizations.
The coffee shop, named More than Mocha, offers gourmet brewed coffee, espresso, teas and pastries. A drive-up window and outdoor book drops are located near the parking lot on the north side of the building. At the drive-up window, patrons can return and check out materials and renew their library cards.
The library managed a budget of $7 million last fiscal year.
- Fax: (630) 279-0636
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 9pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: March 26, 1916
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 400,000
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Free on 80 public computers, Internet plug-ins and a wireless network throughout the building. Internet access filtered in compliance with Children's Internet Protection Act. Computers in kids' library are filtered for more content than those on 2nd floor
- Programs/classes: A robust selection of classes and programs for all ages are available.
- Wi-Fi: Free