Elmhurst is a private liberal-arts college affiliated with the United Church of Christ. Its campus is a 38-acre registered arboretum with more than 600 varieties of trees and plants. It offers more than 50 majors, as well as accelerated majors and graduate programs. All classes are taught by professors; most have advanced degrees.
Student life includes an array of opportunities, from athletics to student government, study-abroad programs, drama and Mock Trial.
- Fax: 630-617-3772
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1871
- Number of students: 3,300
- Male-to-female ratio: 60:40
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: United Church of Christ
- Acceptance rate (%): 70
- Graduation rate (%): 70
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Degrees: Graduate, Professional, Undergraduate
- Programs: Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports conference: NCAA Division III
- Sports teams: Elmhurst Bluejays compete in baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, track and field, wrestling
- Sports facilities: R.A. Faganel Hall (basketball court), Langhorst football field, Brune Tennis Courts, Tyrrell Fitness Center. Students also play at Butterfield, Salt Creek and Berens parks in Elmhurst.