It's the weekend, and here are a few interesting things happening in and around Elmhurst. Tell us what we missed in the comments.
Friday, Oct. 18
- Kids Bop, Moms Shop. For a Cause. Gracious Gifts, a nonprofit that provides assistance directly to families affected by cancer, invites parents to a morning of shopping, education, raffles, breakfast goodies and more from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Wilder Mansion, 211 S. Prospect, Elmhurst. Kids will bop to a children's singer while moms shop. All proceeds go toward fighting breast cancer. Like Gracious Gifts on Facebook for more information.
- Courts Plus Healthy Halloween Party! Kids ages 3-10 can celebrate Halloween the Courts Plus way. Come dressed in costume to exercise, hunt for pumpkins, dance, trick-or-treat and make a spooky craft. Cost is $2 for members, $9 for nonmembers with a food donation for families in need.
- Annie, The Musical by Elmhurst Children's Theatre: Performances are at 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Bryan Middle School. Tickets are $8 at the door.
- York High School Class of 1973: 40th reunion Friday, Oct. 18, at Silverado Grill after the York football game.
- Steve Richards, a.k.a. Neil Diamond, will return to Elmhurst American Legion at 8:30 p.m. Tribute artist Steve Richards will perform the greatest hits of Neil Diamond, and figurines signed by Neil Diamond, himself, will be auctioned off. Admission is $10 per person, and all proceeds benefit the American Legion. Call (630) 833-7800 for a reservation.
Saturday, Oct. 19
- Elmhurst College Electronics Recycling Extravaganza will be held from 9 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of the Mill Theatre, at the corner of Myrtle Street and Park Avenue. Computers, cell phones, hair dryers, toasters, microwaves and more will be accepted. State law prohibits consumers from disposing of electronic items with ordinary trash, and landfills are prohibited from accepting them. Electronics are broken down into glass, plastics and metals, and then reused in manufacturing.
- 34th Annual Artistry in Wood, presented by the North Suburban Carvers: Hand-crafted gifts and collectibles for sale, demonstrations, and a whole lot more. The show begins at 10 a.m. at The Odeum Expo Center, 1033 N. Villa, Villa Park.
- York High School Class of 2003 will hold its 10th reunion at Fitz's Spare Keys Saturday night.
Sunday, Oct. 20
- Choral-Aires Chorus performs a pure barbershop show, Hawaii Bound, at 3:30 p.m. at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church, 149 W. Brush Hill. Tickets are $10.