What's on tap in and around Elmhurst this week? We listed a few activities below, but be sure to check out our events calendar for more—and tell us what we missed in the comments.
Monday, Sept. 16
- There is a lot of the agenda of the Elmhurst City Council Monday night: Hahn Street, Addison parking deck, flooding. Check out the agenda and accompanying information to get yourself up to speed on these important topics.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
- "Say YES to Less Stress" Workshop. Do you get stressed easily? Are you looking for ways to stay calm? This workshop may be for you.
Wednesday, Sept. 18
- State Sen. Tom Cullerton (D-Villa Park) is holding a jobs fair from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Odeum in Villa Park. Get more information here.
- Tail Gate in Elmhurst is hosting a low-cost pet vaccine clinic from 4 to 7 p.m. To see all the vaccines offered and the cost, click here.
- Wilder Mansion culinary series continues at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with Chef Marco from Cafe Amano. Sept. 18, it's A Taste of Italy. Get the details here.
Thursday, Sept. 19
- Make your own cologne at an Elmhurst Park District program at Wagner Community Center at 7 p.m.
- Colleges and universities form the basis of great cities where smart people want to live, fostering open and dynamic urban environments and attracting business and capital. Richard Florida established the significance of this emerging “creative class” in his best-selling book, The Rise of the Creative Class, that confirmed his reputation as a preeminent urban theorist. His lecture, at 7 p.m. at Hammerschmidt Chapel, is part of Elmhurst College’s Education in Crisis lecture series. Tickets are available here. For more information, call (630) 617-3390.
Friday, Sept. 20
- Patriot Boxing and Fitness presents Battle of the Families at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Obstacle courses, relay races, Patriot inspired challenges and more make for a great way to spend time with family.