Black Friday is traditionally known as the hugest shopping day of the year-but in the plumbing industry-it’s a Plumber’s busiest day of the year!!
As much as plumbers would love to be out shopping with everyone else, we are too consumed with the highest day of calls during the year!! Thanksgiving brings family, friends and loved ones together to celebrate, eat and give thanks. But, it also put’s a host’s plumbing through an excruciating work out…one a home is not use too.
Now, clearly you cannot set up a port-a-potty in the back yard to save on plumbing, but you can take some measures to try to prevent “plumbing mishaps”.
Here are our top picks to help conserve and prevent issues:
- Never pour fats or cooking oils down drains. They solidify in pipes like “clogged arteries” and cause havoc. Instead wipe grease from pots & pans with paper towels and throw in the trash.
- Avoid putting potato peels, poultry skins and celery, for example in the garbage disposal, as stringy, fibrous waste can tie up a drain and garbage disposals.
- Don’t wait for a garbage disposal to be full to run it, rather have it running and place food in it while running to avoid issues.
- For hosts that are hosting family and friends for the weekend, wait 15 minutes between guests showering to give slow drains a sufficient amount of time to clear.
- NEVER flush tampons, Cotton balls, Facial Scrub Cloths or Baby Wipes down the toilet because they can't dissolve. A simple but tasteful framed note can make guests aware of this.
- Try to address any plumbing problems before the holiday and guests arrivals to avoid major catastrophes.
The Fair Plumber wishes everyone a very happy, safe and “plumbing free issues” Thanksgiving!! But, in the event you need us, will be available 24/7 to address any plumbing needs you may run into!! We are always available at 630.833.0808 and are always happy to assist!!
Do you know The Fair Plumber?
The Fair Plumber is a full service Plumbing, Electrical, Heating and Air Conditioning Company; specializing in all aspects of plumbing for Commercial, Residential and Multi-Family Housing. We offer 24 hour emergency service with a fully insured staff of licensed and experienced technicians; to provide the most reliable and affordable guaranteed workmanship.
The Fair Plumber was established in 2008, with 20 plus years of experience leading and driving the company to provide the most reliable, affordable and dependable workmanship.
The Fair Plumber’s main office is located in Elmhurst, IL at 627 N. York Street, 630.833.0808. They do have two other locations for customer’s convenience; Des Plaines, 1634 E Lincoln Ave 847.824.8282 and Chicago North, 439 N. Western Ave Chicago, IL 773.772.0500.