Elmhurst District 205 School Board is scheduled to approve a new fee structure for outside groups who use the district's facilities at its meeting at 7:30 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, July 17, at the , 162 S. York.
But first, the board will meet in closed session at 6:30 p.m. to discuss employment of an employee.
The public meeting will begin with recognition of the , which finished in second place in the championship at Palatine High School June 2.
The board will then accept public comments. Members of the community are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any topic.
Superintendent David Pruneau will provide updates on Freedom of Information Act requests, and the , which is charged with advising the district on priorities and future operations. The committee will be made up of community leaders, parents, staff members and the community at large.
The board will then hear an update from the Finance and Operations Committee, including information on:
- Long-term facility planning
- Tax increment financing
- Park District use of facilities
- Budget update from Springfield
- Insurance premium holiday
- Enrollment study
In addition to approval of personnel and financial reports, the superintendent's consent agenda includes the following items:
- Donation to Jackson School of an outdoor classroom. Jackson PTA will donate $12,500 for the project
- Bid for cafeteria doughnuts and pastries from Clyde's Delicious Donuts
- Lease-purchase agreement with JP Morgan Chase Bank for computer and network equipment for $1.03 million and printer/copier equipment for $305,500
- Several policy updates
The board then has two items to vote on:
- Approval of facility usage fees, which will go to an hourly rate instead of a daily rate and be more aligned to the actual cost of usage
- Appointment of Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction Charles Johns to the DuPage Area Occupational Education System Board
Finally, board members will review upcoming meetings and vote on an employee matter discussed in closed session.