Elmhurst District 205 School Board has a lot on its agenda Tuesday, Jan. 22. The board will first meet in closed session at 6 p.m. to discuss pending litigation, negotiations and approval of closed session minutes.
Following the closed session, the board will convene in its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will begin with recognition of middle and high school students who participated in the Illinois Music Educators Association festival in November.
The following middle school students performed in the IMEA Junior Festival:
- From Bryan Middle School: Abigail Ciccarone (Alto Voice), John Davis (Bass), Allison Gley (Trumpet), Christopher Irby (Bass), Gabriela Mastro (Cello), Kevin Shehan (Cello), Morgan Taylor (Alto Voice), Se He Tinfang (Clarinet), Neil Wary (Violin), Austin Waterwall (Viola)
- From Churchville Middle School: Mariana Cedillo (Soprano Voice), Kristen Drost (Soprano Voice), Corey Elliott (Vibes), Andrew French (Bass), Johnathan Santos (Tenor Voice), Brian Strauch (French Horn). Churchville Middle School students, Andrew French and Corey Elliot were also selected to play in the Jazz Festival, held one week later.
- From Sandburg Middle School: Katharine Bartosz (Soprano Voice), Alaina Bottens (Bassoon), Amy Choi (Flute), Jessica Dobrotka (Soprano Voice), Audrey Honig (Flute), Carina Kanzler (Soprano Voice), Emily Landreth (Soprano Voice), Amy Letavay (Flute), Kathryn Mitchell (Soprano Voice), Isabella Nicoli (Soprano Voice), Rachel Overend (Oboe), Julia Riddle (Alto Voice), Rebecca Rogers (Soprano Voice), Cecilia Stumpf (Trumpet), Maya Toffler (Violin), Leah Widmaier (Violin)
York Community High School students were awarded All-State recognition in their particular musical specialty and will perform in the All-State Band, Chorus and Orchestra Festival Jan. 23-26 at the Illinois Music Educators All-State Convention Festival in Peoria. They are Kerri Carlquist (Alto Voice); Julia Carlson (Cello); Sara DesBiens (Clarinet); Nathan Gornick (Clarinet); Helen Knudsen (Soprano Voice); Haley Kost (Clarinet); Brianna Maki (Soprano Voice); Madeline Marsan (Oboe); Madeline Meyer (Soprano Voice); Madeline Mueller (Violin); Brianna Murray (Soprano Voice); Crosby Muth (Euphonium); Julia Oliver (Soprano Voice); Paul Salamanca (Clarinet); Jaclyn Salgado (Soprano Voice); Elena Schwarz (Clarinet); and William Vierling (Trombone).
Following student recognition, the board will hear public comments. Members of the community are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any topic.
Representatives of PMA Financial Network will then give a presentation on the School District's five-year financial outlook.
After approval of minutes, the board will hear reports from the Curriculum and Instruction, Finance and Operations, and Performance Management committees.
In addition to personnel and financial reports, the superintendent's consent agenda includes the following items for approval:
- 2013-14 school calendar
- sale or disposal of district equipment
- purchase of digital video surveillance system and cameras for York High School. Cameras already are in use at York, but the technology is low resolution, outdated and not easily expandable to buildings beyond York.
- purchase of computer network firewall appliance
- donation of an unused Gray Mills Biomatic parts washer worth $1,600 for the automotive department at York
- policy revisions
The board will then review the dates of its upcoming meetings and hear any other reports or communications from board members.
The School Board meets at the administration building, 162 S. York St.