Elmhurst City Council will discuss and review the proposals for development of Hahn Street at 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23, in a Committee of the Whole meeting.
Aldermen have been asked to fill out grading sheets for each of the five developers vying for the project. The developers presented their plans in two sessions, on Sept. 9 and again on Sept. 10, and aldermen briefly discussed the next steps at a Committee of the Whole meeting Sept. 16.
"The challenge is to narrow this down to two, no more than three,"Alderman Mark Mulliner said Sept. 16.
Once that happens, there will be another round of presentations and aldermen will be asking many more questions, Elmhurst Mayor Steve Morley said. "At the next meeting (Sept. 23), I anticipate a review of the grades … and I hope that we will cut down the finalists."
Council members will add another Committee of the Whole meeting on Sept. 30, if needed.
Monday's discussion will follow the city's standing committee meetings, which are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. The following topics are up for discussion:
Public Works and Buildings Committee
- Stormwater update—infiltration policy reivew
- Rain garden presentation
- Sanitary update: private sector sanitary flow reduction investigation implementation plan
- State of Illinois joint purchase of rock salt
Public Affairs and Safety Committee
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Central business district parking analysis
Finance, Council Affairs and Administrative Services Committee
- Review health, dental and life insurance renewals and vision insurance option
- Review sales tax incentive request from The Napleton Group
- Continued review of GASB statements regarding financial reporting for pension plans and alternative funding scenarios
Development, Planning and Zoning Committee
- Zoning ordinance text amendment—maximum impervious surface
- Marketing efficiency and strategies
Public comment will be welcome at all committee meetings. City Hall is located at 209 N. York St.