It will be cold—really cold—on Tuesday night, but that never stops city business from getting done.
Elmhurst City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday to hear a presentation from Commonwealth Edison and to approve a number of ordinances, resolutions and reports on everything from grease disposal to electronics recycling to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. (Can you say spring?)
The community update from ComEd will be first on the agenda, followed by a public forum. Members of the community will be invited to speak for up to three minutes on any topic.
In addition to approval of minutes and accounts payable, the consent agenda, designed to be approved in one vote, includes the following items:
- a request to send to the Public Affairs and Safety Committee a request to hold the annual 4 on the 4th run, hosted by Elmhurst Running Club and benefitting Elmhurst Children's Assistance Foundation, on July 4
- request to send to the Public Affairs and Safety Committee a request to hold an electronics recycling event at Knights of Columbus Aug. 3
- report on fat, oil and grease disposal guidelines for Elmhurst businesses
- professional services contract with David B. Hahn and Associates for crisis intervention and counseling services
- reciprocal reporting agreement with Elmhurst District 205. The city and school district will exchange information for the benefit and safety of at-risk students.
- request from Charles Pauli to operate a service station at 259-261 N. West Ave. since Pauli has to leave his current location on North York due to the Hahn Street development
- approval to sell by auction property seized by Elmhurst police
- St. Patrick's Day Parade agreement the parade committee to hold the event on March 8
- Lease termination agreement with Dr. Thomas Nelson, DDS, for his property at 242 N. York St. Suite 201
Aldermen will then hear reports from Mayor Steve Morley and City Manager Jim Grabowski.
Prior to the public meeting, at 7 p.m., aldermen will meet in closed session to discuss acquisition of real property. City Hall is located at 209 N. York St.