Elmhurst City Council will hold its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, at City Hall, 209 N. York St. The meeting will be preceded by a closed session at 7 p.m. on the topic of pending or threatened litigation.
The open meeting will begin with recognition of Eagle Scouts Garrett Stevenson, John Arcaro, Connor O'Ryan and Ben Greenberg; 2012 Mayor for a Day contest winner Sheila Evans and runner-up Robert Vitek; and Elmhurst Police Officer Matthew McCollum, who earned the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Hero Award.
The floor will then open to citizens who wish to make public comment. Speakers will have up to three minutes each.
After council members share any announcements, aldermen will vote on the consent agenda. In addition to approval of minutes and accounts payable, the following items are listed:
- appointment to the Zoning and Planning Commission of Dean O'Brien to replace Alan Brinkmeier. His term will expire Feb. 20, 2016.
- reappointment to the Zoning and Planning Commission of Frank Mushow, whose new term will expire Feb. 20, 2017
- appointment to the Zoning and Planning Commission of Angela Villegas to replace the out-going Paul DeWitt. Her term will expire Feb. 20, 2017.
- reappointment to the Elmhurst Heritage Foundation of Margaret Franson Pruter
- referral to the Public Works and Buildings Committee a bid result for two 2013 Dodge Grand Caravans. Larry Roesch Chrysler Jeep Dodge submitted the only bid, at $18,478 for an E-18, and $18,278 for an E-21.
- referral of bids to the Elmhurst Public Works and Buildings Deparment of bids received on Sept. 13 for a new vertical platform wheel chair lift at Elmhurst Historical Museum. Bids were returned from four bidders: Home Mobility Solutions, $19,500; Exended Home Living Services, $24,380; DME access LLC, $22,3000; and Garaventa USA Inc., $19,500.
- referral to the Finance, Council Affairs and Administrative Services Committee: review of the terms of service for advisory board and commission appointments
- referral to the Public Works and Buildings Committee of a vacation of right of way
- referral to the Public Affairs and Safety Committee of a review of mobile food units as requested by Interim Police Chief Dominic Panico
- approval for the Park District to place a sign in the right of way at 375 W. First St. for its new administration building
- approval of the southwest Elmhurst wet weather control facility design, which will benefit more than 2,300 homes in southwest Elmhurst from sanitary sewer backups during major rain events. RJB Group would begin preliminary design immediately so construction could be completed by spring of 2014. Preliminary design fee will be $71,000.
- approval of a modification agreement between the city and Bensenville Fire Protection District 1 to allow Elmhurst to continue to provide fire protection services until Oct. 31, 2013, for homes south of Grand Avenue
- approval of self-insured dental plan for employees from Blue Cross Blue Shield with a projected savings to the city of $26,000 for 2013
- approval of a new agreement for real estate consultant services with Charles Van Slyke
- approval of a new agreement for administrative consulting services with Ken Bartels
- approval of a front yard setback variation at 459 N. Addison Ave. for construction of a front porch
- approval of the purchase of two Ford F150 pickup trucks for $39,428 from Freeway Ford of Lyons
- approval of a liquor license for
- approval of an ordinance changing the fiscal year to match the calendar year
- approval of a resolution and settlement agreement between the city and Laura Heraty
- award of a contract to National Power Rodding Corp for the sewer cleaning and televising project in an amount not to exceed $217,000
- award of a contract to Insituform Technologies of Lemont for the sanitary sewer lining project in an amount not to exceed $798,000
Mayor Peter DiCianni will then provide his updates to the council.
The last item on the agenda is the 2012 citizen survey results, presented by City Manager Jim Grabowski.