Elmhurst Committees have a lot on their agendas on Monday, Oct. 22.
Development, Planning and Zoning Committee will begin its meeting with a discussion about allowing chickens in residential neighborhoods. The issue was brought to the committee by aldermen Dannee Polomsky and Norman Leader. More than 170 residents have signed a petition in support of chickens in Elmhurst.
The committee also will discuss a review of the building code, as well as electronic signs.
Finance, Council Affairs and Administrative Services Committee will discuss the following items:
- Review of consultant contract renewals
- Review of paperless agenda system
- 2012 tax levy
- Review of vehicle sticker fee structure
Public Works and Buildings Committee will discuss the following:
- Sanitary system improvements—policy decisions
- Stormwater subcommittee report
- Right-of-way vacation at Kimball, Myrtle and Gladys
- Electricity proposal for the Addison parking deck
- Refuse/recycling contract
Public Affairs and Safety Committee is slated to discuss mobile food units.
All committees will meet at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 209 N. York St. Public comments will be welcome.