Hotel guests were displaced after Elmhurst firefighters and police responded to a fire on the third floor of the Waverton Hotel, 624 N. York St., at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, according to Elmhurst police reports.
Police said the fire apparently was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit in an unoccupied third-floor room. The hotel was evacuated and no injuries were reported.
The fire, which was extinguished before 7 a.m. that day, caused about $100,000 in damage, according to an article in Suburban Life.
In addition to Elmhurst, firefighters from six other jurisdictions responded.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something