Elmhurst Fire Department personnel were called to a garage fire on the 800 block of Saylor Street at about 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7.
According to officials, neighbors smelled the fire, then notified the residents. The homeowners were unable to open the garage door with the automatic door opener. No one was in the garage at the time and no injuries were reported.
Information on what might have caused the fire was not immediately available.
Fire personnel from Oakbrook Terrace, York Center and Villa Park assisted in putting out the fire.
Many thanks to Elmhurst resident and photographer Jake Eleniewski, a seventh-grader at Bryan Middle School, for providing the accompanying photos and YouTube video.