Seven women that were in the house, some of whom were relatives and some of whom were workers in the home, were transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove after suffering from carbon-monoxide-related health issues, the Trib reports.
The paper quoted Oak Brook fire chief Gary Clark as saying at a noontime press conference that carbon monoxide levels in the 15,000-square-foot home, which is located in a gated community on the 2900 block of Oak Brook Hills Road, were as high as 1,000 parts per million. Safe levels are 35 parts per million or lower.
"[Oak Brook police chief James] Kruger said officials believe the location of the leak was in a room with an indoor pool, also on the first floor. The pool has a heater, but Kruger said it is unknown at this time if the heater was the cause of the leak," the Trib story reads.