The CTA operator behind the controls of the Blue Line train that smashed into a platform at O'Hare International Airport has been identified by law enforcement sources as Brittney Tysheka Haywood, reports the ABC 7 News I-Team.
Haywood, 25, admitted to dozing off behind the controls before the train plunged into the station at a high rate of speed early Monday morning.
- She completed rapid transit operator training in late December
- Her badge number is 53528, which she posted to her Instagram account after completing her training
- The union says she worked 69 hours in the week prior to the crash; the CTA disputes this
- She lives on the South Side of Chicago
- She previously worked as a rail flagman