Social media is buzzing with the news that My Favorite Toy Store locations in Elmhurst and Downers Grove have closed. Patrons who call the store will hear the following message:
"Thank you for calling My Favorite Toy store. I'm sorry, but we are closed and will not re-open. I apologize for the short notice. I had no choice in the matter."
Residents are quite disappointed to hear the news. Elmhurst Patch has received emails and in-box messages on Facebook, and here are some of the comments on the Choose Elmhurst Small Business Facebook page:
- Lynn Smith Casey: Wow my kids have gift cards there.
- Marianne Cielak Boyke: ugh!! Why do all the good businesses in Elmhurst close???
- Patty Pistone Fritsch: That's a shame...they were a great place to shop local.
- Simeren Silverstein: Does anyone know how to get in touch with Aaron that worked there? He was awesome and very accommodating, even running purchases out to my car when I didn't want to get my daughter out of her car seat. I'd love to just give him a big hug.
- Kirsten Young Powers: Very sad- we shopped there all the time.
- Laura Monaco Fischer: Ugh! I'm so upset. I purposely shop locally so things like this won't happen. Truly will miss this place!
In other business news: Elmhurst Says Good-bye to Bakery, Hello to Book Store, Welcome Home to Magic Shop