Girlfriends and shopping go together like wine and cheese. Throw all four together, and you’ve got the ingredients for a simply fabulous evening. Get your girls together for WineDown-Town from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, in downtown Elmhurst.
Presented by The Elmhurst Retail Group, participating merchants will wine, dine and pamper you in this progressive wine and shopping night. Sample wine, nosh on appetizers and shop to your heart’s content. It’s a great time to fill out your Christmas shopping list.
Many of the participating businesses will offer special promotions as well. You can also get a head start on Thanksgiving and other holiday entertaining, as wine and appetizers will be available to order at a discount Thursday through Tannins Wine Bar and Chow.
Start your evening out in red carpet fashion with valet parking, available at Cottage Hill Diamonds, where you can fill out your wish list to be eligible for a $4,000 diamond pendant or earrings grand prize.
You’ll have a chance to win a raffle prize worth $1,500, consisting of Elmhurst Retail Group merchandise and gift certificates—and you are immediately entered just by purchasing a ticket for the event!
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door, and can be purchased at Cottage Hill Diamonds, Rouse and Chow. The first 150 people to purchase tickets will also receive a complimentary swag bag filled with goodies from participating ERG merchants.
Each participating shop will feature wines from a different region, paired with appetizers from local restaurants. They will also feature their own special promotions, so make sure to stop at all of them so you don’t miss a thing. Here is just a sampling of some of the fabulous promotions you’ll find only during this event:
- Get glammed up at Merle Norman for a Quick Take Glam Shot, courtesy of Maggie Blaszczyk of MWD Photography. The digital photo will be available to order for only $25, perfect for your new holiday Facebook profile. Also, Merle Norman will share its evening make-up “must haves,” which will come in handy for holiday cocktail parties.
- Chow will help you get ready for holiday entertaining. Stop by to try holiday appetizers and a variety of wine and a festive, sparkling Prosecco, which can be purchased that evening at a discount. Chow’s Thanksgiving dinner menu, which will be available to view and order from, features a variety of prepared appetizers and soups, salads and side dishes, and delicious desserts. The turkey comes fully prepped, complete with fresh herbs under the skin, seasoned with real butter and seasonings, and trussed. Just pop it in the oven and enjoy the mouthwatering aromas of a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner. Order just a couple of items or the whole meal.
- Rouse is offering 30 percent off your entire purchase during the event, as well as door prize giveaways. This is a great time to stock up on fabulous yoga jeans and pick up a few go-to outfits for the holidays.
- Moms and grandmas will flock to My Favorite Toy Store, where they can save 20 percent off their purchase during the event. My Favorite Toy Store carries educational, high-quality toys and games. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
- For the hobby enthusiasts, Al’s Hobby Shop is offering $10 off any purchase of $50 or more; cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Get ready for winter athletic pursuits at The Runner’s Soul, where you can save 15 percent on all purchases that evening and get a complimentary mini-massage by Healthsource.
- Enzee Boutique is offering 15 percent off your purchase that evening, and will be featuring the Spanish designer, Desigual.
- The Uptown Shop will offer a promotion on the eco-friendly, positive energy jewelry by Alex and Ani. Buy three and get the fourth piece free.
- Goalie’s Goodies carries a variety of nostalgic candy and delicious, homemade popcorn in a unique selection of flavors. Available in tins, these make great gifts for your clients, college students, hostesses and more—especially at a 15 percent discount during the event.
- Tannins Wine Bar will feature specialty cocktails, as well as 25 percent off all wine accessories.
- Stop and take a break at Pints in Elmhurst, where you can enjoy a sample flight of Pints' craft beers paired with a flight of their signature sliders, which will be offered to participants at a special discount. Pints has a simply unbelievable selection of craft beers, including the fabulous Root Beer beer from a local Wauconda brewery.
- Stock up on the specialty olive oils and vinegars at Elmhurst Olive Oil, and take 15 percent off all purchases during the event.
- Salseria Grill and Cantina will offer a sample tasting menu and free sangria tasting.
Participating businesses in the Elmhurst Retail Group are:
- Al’s Hobby Shop
- Bilancio Salon
- Cottage Hill Diamonds
- Elmhurst Olive Oil Store
- E Lounge
- Francesca’s Amici
- Goalie's Goodies
- Leonard’s Menswear
- MWD Photography
- Merle Norman
- My Favorite Toy Store
- Nu Crepes
- Rocky Mountain Chocolates
- Salseria Grill & Cantina
- Tannins Wine
- The Dailey Method
- The Runner’s Soul
- The Uptown Shop
- Zanzi’s Deli