Nine Elmhurst Churches have set aside this Saturday, Oct. 13, for ShareFest 2012, a Christian day of community service. This unique program was introduced to Elmhurst two years ago out of the desire of parishioners to unite as one body to help the Elmhurst community.
This year, the group again is looking forward to showing the love of Christ to neighbors by doing what they can to help meet their needs.
There are three ways to get involved:
- Volunteer and be a part of the work force.
- Submit a project application for consideration.
- Donate to help offset the cost of the work supplies.
Sharefest is seeking volunteers with any or all abilities to do work around the yard or home. Here is a list of sample projects:
- yard work
- gutter and window cleaning
- weather stripping
- window insulation
- battery/light bulb/furnace filter replacement
- lite HVAC work
- heavy lifting removal/relocation
- light house cleaning
- minor roof repair
The following churches participating in ShareFest 2012:
- Bethel Assembly Of God, 449 W. North Ave, (630) 834-9027
- Elm Church, 343 S. York Road, (630) 832-9100
- Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church, 149 W. Brush Hill Road, (630) 600-5100
- Epiphany Lutheran Church, 314 W. Vallette St., (630) 832-8457
- Faith Christian Reformed Church, 1070 S. Prospect Ave., (630) 279-1776
- Faith Evangelical United Methodist Church, 111 W. North Ave., (630) 941-0212
- Grace Bible Church, 398 W. Eggleston Ave., (630) 832-8416
- Pathway Community Church, 210 N. York St. Suite 103 (office), (630) 833-5430
- West Suburban Community Church, 825 N. Van Auken St., (630) 530-5018