IC Catholic Prep bid farewell to the Class of 2014 during the Baccalaureate Mass on Saturday, May 17, 2014, which was held in the Immaculate Conception Chapel in Elmhurst. ICCP faculty, parents, family members, and friends filled the Chapel to celebrate the culmination of the hard work and dedication of this exceptional senior class. The Mass was led by IC Pastor, Very Rev. Father Tom Paul and Rev. John Belmonte, SJ. Ph.D., the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Joliet. Diplomas were presented to the graduates by ICCP President/Principal Pamela Levar when the mass was concluded.
The ICCP Class of 2014 will be continuing their education at some of the top colleges and universities in the country, earning acceptance and scholarships to prestigious schools which include the United States Naval Academy, Pepperdine, Northwestern University, Butler University, University of Dayton, St. John’s University, Emory University, University of Louisville, American University, DePauw University, Denison University, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Indiana University, Loyola University, Marquette University, Baylor University, St. Louis University, Purdue University, and the University of Wisconsin (Madison). The Class of 2014 earned close to $5.1 million in college scholarships this year.
A brief summary of the achievements and highlights from the ICCP Class of 2014 are as follows:
· 8 Monsignor Plunkett Distinguished Scholars
· 16% of the Class of 2014 are Illinois State Scholars
· 31% of the Class of 2014 are members of the National Honor Society
· 31% of the Class of 2014 are Presidential Scholars
· Top 10% of senior class average ACT Score is 31.7
· 1 National Merit Commended Scholar
· 2 Daily Herald Leadership Team Honorable Mentions
· Nearly 15% of the Class of 2014 were admitted directly into the Honors Program at their selected college or university
· 81% of senior class participated at least 1 varsity sport
· 29% of the Class of 2014 named SCC Academic All Conference (Fall & Winter)
· 2 senior All-State athletes
· 15 senior SCC All Conference Athletes
· 3 SCC Conference Titles
· 1 SCC Conference Sportsmanship Awards
· 4 IHSA Regional Championships
· 3 IHSA Sectional Championships
· 1 IHSA State Finals 4th Place Team
· 1 IHSA State Championship Team
· 15 seniors will be continuing their athletic careers in college (includes 4 NCAA Division 1)
IC Catholic Prep is the oldest Catholic, coeducational college prep high school in DuPage County. Located in Elmhurst, ICCP is a regional high school that serves students from over forty communities in the western suburbs. For more information, please check the web-site at www.ICCatholicPrep.org .