Invite a friend
Wilder Park Tree Lighting is Tonight
Join the holiday spirit in an old-fashioned celebration at Wilder Park. Enjoy hot chocolate, entertainment and a visit from Santa, not to mention the lighting of scores of trees around Wilder Park, each decorated by a different community or school group.
There will also be a collection area for non-perishable food items for the local food pantry near the Community Tree.
As always, this event is free.
More About Wilder Park
Wilder Park can perhaps be considered the crown jewel of Elmhurst. It sits in the center of town and is home to museums, the Elmhurst Public Library, Veterans Memorial, picnic areas, tennis courts, a playground, landscaped walkways and greenhouses. In the 1860s, Wilder Park was home to Seth Wadhams, who purchased the land and built a home called White Birch. The home also was owned by the Wilder family before the Park District purchased the land in 1921. Wilder Mansion eventually became the site of Elmhurst Public Library, and today, after several renovations, provides space for weddings, meetings and parties.
Other events here
- Elmhurst Start/ReStart Tennis Adult Beginner Program Weekly on Tuesdays and Saturdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Elmhurst Garden Walk & Faire Sun, Jul 14, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- FREE! Concert July 16, 2013 / July 23, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Elmhurst Criterium Bicycle Race Fri, Jul 19, 10:45 am–8:00 pm
- FREE! PNC Bank Family Fun Ride Fri, Jul 19, 5:50 pm
- FREE! GreenFest Sat, Aug 3, 10:00 am–3:00 pm