Invite a friend
T'ai Chi for Health
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 18, 2012
Contact: Megan McNamara
T’ai Chi for Health
ELMHURST, Ill. – If you’re looking to reduce stress and boost your energy, join us for several sessions of T’ai Chi at The Abbey. The gentle rocking motions and stretching movements improve circulation and digestion, and reduce physical tension. Students may choose to sit or stand as needed, making this class suitable for all abilities. Fee is $40 for Abbey members and $45 for non-Abbey members. Class runs on Wednesdays, January 23-February 27, from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. For more information or to register, call The Abbey at (630) 993-8193.
The Elmhurst Park District is an Illinois Distinguished Agency dedicated to promoting “lifetime enjoyment” by providing a variety of parks, recreation facilities, and affordable programs in the Elmhurst community. For more information on the Elmhurst Park District call (630) 993-8900 or visit www.epd.org.
More About Abbey Leisure Center
The Abbey property has always been a gathering place, even back in the 1940s when teen-agers held social events there. In 1952, the present facility was built and named the Youth Center. But since about 1974, the Park District has designated the facility as a gathering place for active older adults age 50 and older. Activities held at The Abbey include classes, parties, club meetings, games, and gatherings for driver safety and financial assistance. Primarily, it provides a social environment that encourages new friendships and healthy activities. The 2010 fee for annual membership is $20 for residents, $30 for nonresidents, and includes free bingo, a $5 discount on monthly luncheons and The Abbey newsletter.
Other events here
- New Yellow Dot Program Packages Available at The Abbey Daily,
- Abbey Choraliers Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- T'ai Chi for Health Weekly on Wednesdays, 11:15 am–12:15 pm
- Lynfred Winery & Long Grove Wed, Jun 5, 10:45 am–4:30 pm
- Balance Screening Fri, Jun 7, 10:45 am–11:45 am
- Grand Old Milwaukee Thu, Jun 13, 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Cuneo Mansion and Gardens Tour & Shopping Thu, Jun 20, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Exercise for Mental Muscle Wed, Jun 26, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- New! Fireworks Cruise Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm–11:00 pm
- Celebration Belle Cruise Wed, Jul 17, 7:30 am–7:00 pm