Invite a friend
Shrine of Christ's Passion
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 14, 2013
Contact: Megan McNamara
Shrine of Christ’s Passion
ELMHURST, Ill. – Join us on Wednesday, March 27 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. for a visit to The Shrine of Christ’s Passion, an interactive half-mile winding pathway that begins with the Last Supper and Garden of Gethsemane. We’ll then journey through the Passion of the Christ as depicted in the Stations of the Cross. The Journey consists of 40 life-size bronze statues and each setting has a listening station where you can hear a description of the scene along with a meditation. The Shrine is also now the permanent home of Our Lady of the New Millennium. Cart transportation is available for those with mobility challenges; please indicate at registration if you will need cart transportation. We’ll enjoy a plated lunch together following the Shrine visit at Teibel’s Restaurant. Registration deadline is March 8, and fee is $50 resident/$55 non-resident. For more information or to register, call The Abbey at (630) 993-8193.
The Elmhurst Park District is an Illinois Distinguished Agency dedicated to promoting “lifetime enjoyment” by providing a variety of parks, recreation facilities, and affordable programs in the Elmhurst community. For more information on the Elmhurst Park District call (630) 993-8900 or visit www.epd.org.
More About Abbey Leisure Center
The Abbey property has always been a gathering place, even back in the 1940s when teen-agers held social events there. In 1952, the present facility was built and named the Youth Center. But since about 1974, the Park District has designated the facility as a gathering place for active older adults age 50 and older. Activities held at The Abbey include classes, parties, club meetings, games, and gatherings for driver safety and financial assistance. Primarily, it provides a social environment that encourages new friendships and healthy activities. The 2010 fee for annual membership is $20 for residents, $30 for nonresidents, and includes free bingo, a $5 discount on monthly luncheons and The Abbey newsletter.
Other events here
- New Yellow Dot Program Packages Available at The Abbey Daily,
- T'ai Chi for Health Weekly on Wednesdays, 11:15 am–12:15 pm
- Abbey Choraliers Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Lynfred Winery & Long Grove Wed, Jun 5, 10:45 am–4:30 pm
- Balance Screening Fri, Jun 7, 10:45 am–11:45 am
- Grand Old Milwaukee Thu, Jun 13, 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Cuneo Mansion and Gardens Tour & Shopping Thu, Jun 20, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Exercise for Mental Muscle Wed, Jun 26, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- New! Fireworks Cruise Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm–11:00 pm
- Celebration Belle Cruise Wed, Jul 17, 7:30 am–7:00 pm