Waverton Hotel Evacuated During Weekend Fire
Police said no injuries were reported.
Hotel guests were displaced after Elmhurst firefighters and police responded to a fire on the third floor of the Waverton Hotel, 624 N. York St., at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, according to Elmhurst police reports.
Police said the fire apparently was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit in an unoccupied third-floor room. The hotel was evacuated and no injuries were reported.
The fire, which was extinguished before 7 a.m. that day, caused about $100,000 in damage, according to an article in Suburban Life.
In addition to Elmhurst, firefighters from six other jurisdictions responded.