Police Go Undercover to Bust Store Employees Selling Tobacco, Alcohol to Minors
Ten arrests were made on Nov. 5.
Elmhurst police announced the results of a recent crack-down on the sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors.
The following employees are charged with selling alcohol to a minor:
- Genian Tare, 38, 2023 N. Harlem, Chicago, at Angelos, 247 N. York Road, at 5:59 p.m. Nov. 5
- Joseph Oviendo, 19, 526 Clayton, Hillside, at Cafe Amano, 105 S. York, at 6:15 p.m. Nov. 5
- Yazmin Ortega, 26, 101 Valley Court, North Aurora, at Smashburger, 538 W. St. Charles Road, at 6:56 p.m. Nov. 5
- Byung U. Choi, 60, 738 Stuart Cout, Elmhurst, at Red Dragon, 117 W. First St., at 9:26 p.m. Nov. 5
- Anna Boccarsi, 37, 2230 Highland, Berwyn, at Elmhurst Public House, 683 W. St. Charles Road, at 8:05 p.m. Nov. 5
- Chen Meiyu, 26, 2806 S. Weber Third Floor, Chicago, at Sushi Nest, 142 N. York Road, at 8:27 p.m. Nov. 5
- Christopher Farrell, 28, 449 Circle Drive, Addison, at Power Market, 572 W. Lake St., at 9:25 p.m. Nov. 5
The following employees were arrested for selling tobacco to minors:
- Saad Ali, 23, 513 N. Michigan, Villa Park, at the Clark Station, 168 N. Addison, at 6:57 p.m. Nov. 5.
- Yolanda Lawrence, 49, 1322 Bataan Drive, Broadview, at Citgo, 218 E. Butterfield
- Hashin Raza, 38, 3 Wheaton 617, Wheaton, at Gas Stop, 575 S. York, at 9:26 p.m. Nov. 5
Patch reports on law enforcement activity using information provided by official agencies. Persons charged with a crime or issued a citation for violation of a local ordinance are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you or a family member are charged with a crime or cited for a violation and the charge or citation is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to contact email@example.com and we will do follow-up reporting on the case.