Lots of Bargains to be Found Next Weekend at City Centre's Last Hurrah
Sip a little wine, try on some new clothes; is it too early to start thinking about (gasp!) Christmas gifts?
In the spirit of all things shopping, City Centre businesses are hosting a new event to herald the end of summer. The Last Hurrah Summer Sale will kick off at 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25, and run through Sunday, Aug. 28. Get savings at favorite merchants on everything from refreshments to gifts, clothing, jewelry and more.
“We listened to our shoppers and our merchants and crafted a new event that combines the very best elements of our popular Girlfriends Getaway and the traditional sidewalk sale to come up with a brand new event to meet our goals,” City Centre Creative Director Julie La Monica said.
The late August timing is designed to be more accommodating to retailers who feature markdowns later in the season to make room for fourth-quarter and holiday merchandise.
Grab the gals and get first dibs on the best deals in town at the Girlfriends Getaway-style kickoff. Shoppers can swing by the Last Hurrah Lounge at the City Centre office after 4 p.m. Thursday to pick up the deals guide. The first 600 shoppers will get a free tote bag filled with goodies, and shoppers can enter to win one of four $250 shopping sprees. The City Centre office is located in the walkway just east of the plaza at York and Schiller.
Following are some of the deals that will be offered:
- Cottage Hill Diamonds, 125 N. York: Receive $5 off any purchase with City Centre coupon, and fresh water pearl earrings will be given away to the first 25 customers Thursday.
- Edible Arrangements, 206 N. York: Order any size fruit basket and receive a free chocolate fudge sauce (valued at $7.99).
- enzee boutique, 140 N. York: 20 percent off the entire store Thursday, including new fall styles and summer clearance. Stylists will be on hand to help you look your best and refreshments will be served. The savings continue Friday through Sunday with $10, $20 and $30 racks.
- Fannie May, 116 N. York: 20 percent off your entire purchase.
- Fitz’s Spare Keys, 119 N. York: Ladies Night Thursday with $5 martinis, $6 Pitchers and 1/2 price bottles of wine. Friday brings live band “Trash Martini.” Enjoy Dueling Pianos on Saturday.
- Heavenly Cupcake Shop, 162 N. York: Buy five cupcakes, get the sixth free. Supplies are limited. Walk-in orders only.
- It’s Good to Be King, 160 N. York: Thursday through Saturday, end-of-summer clearance on select chess and other items, 20 percent off all doll clothes and toy soldiers (non-clearance items).
- Jamba Juice, 148 N. York: 16 oz smoothie for $3
- Just Fun Fashions, 102 N. York: Thursday through Saturday, variety of items 20- percent to 50 percent off. Buy three hair bows, flower clips or headbands get the fourth free.
- Leonard’s, 129 N. York: Thursday through Saturday fall preview and summer sale. Up to 50 percent off. City Centre coupon and gift certificates welcome.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics, 251 N. York: Friday and Saturday, shop the summer sale inside, 20 percent, 30 percent and 50 percent off sale priced cosmetics, jewelry and accessories. Gift certificate for Express Facial treatment with every purchase, and foundation primer and powder foundation sampler to the first 75 people.
- My Favorite Toy Store, 123 N. York: Lowest prices of the year, up to 75 percent off on select merchandise.
- Play N Trade, 158 N. York: Buy one pre-owned Wii game and get one for a penny.
- Polay’s Home Décor, 100 N. York: Thursday through Saturday, 35 percent off everything in the store, including lamps lighting, frames, Christmas and pillows, plus special deals at our sidewalk sale while you sip on iced tea.
- red E, 146 N. York: 15 percent to 75 percent off everything in the store
- The Runner’s Soul, 124 N. York: Wine and cheese on Thursday. All sale shoes $50 while supplies last. Sale apparel between 30 percent and 50 percent off, select accessories 50 percent off and 15 percent off non0sale items. Enter daily raffle for $25 gift card.
- Salon Efthimia Day Spa, 176 N. York: 15 percent off all Aveda shampoos and conditioners
- Tannins Wine Bar & Boutique, 112 N. York: Thursday through Saturday save up to 20 percent on select wine, beer, food and accessories.
- Wellness Message & Spa, 120 N. York: One hour therapeutic massage $49.95.
- Pink Elephant, 121 W. First: Friday and Saturday, hot deals on summer clothes, and shoes 50 percent off.
- The Uptown Shop, 111 E. First: Thursday through Saturday up to 75 percent off summer clothing, selected jewelry 30 percent to 40 percent off, 75 percent off summer scarves and hats, 50 percent off summer sandals and flip flops. Select Vera Bradley is 50 percent off, with new mark downs for this event. Antique and vintage items 40 percent off, lamps 50 percent off.
- Camden Boutique, 106 W. Second: Thursday get 20 percent off your purchase and refreshments. Friday through Sunday, final summer markdowns and 15 percent off your purchase.
- Elounge, 104 W. Second: 15 percent to 75 percent off entire store
- Entourage Hair Salon, 111 W. Second: Friday through Sunday, 15 percent off all products, 25 percent off all accessories.
- My Friends Place Salon, 112 W. Third: Thursday through Saturday, $10 makeup application gift card with purchase of $40 or more in Zen Cosmetics, 50 percent off makeup lessons, 15 percent off all retail, nail polish, hempz lotion, organic hair care products, flat irons, jewelry and more.
- Fleet Feet Sports, 124 E. Schiller: Select men’s and woman’s sandals $30 and footwear $45. Sale on fall and summer apparel.
- Deborah Davis Day Spa, 131 N. Addison: Thursday through Saturday 40 percent off all cosmetics, 50 percent off selected Deborah Davis Day Spa body products, 30 percent off any Deborah Davis skin care products.
- Fitz’s Pub, 172 N. Addison: Specials all weekend. $3 Heineken Pints and half-price bottles of wine on Thursday, $3 U-Call-It and $2 food specials on Sunday.
- Lalaland Children’s Boutique, 129 N. Addison: Thursday through Saturday, 50 percent off on spring and summer clothes, 10 percent off fall clothes.
- Chow, 116 W. Park: Thursday through Saturday, free bag of Chow’s homemade granola with purchase of $15.
- Karen Solem Studio, 124 W. Park: Thursday drawing for free basic sitting plus one 8x10 ($130 value).
- Serene Teaz, 108 W. Park: Thursday through Saturday, free tea tasting and free cookies from 4 to 8 p.m.
- “that” Coffee Shop, 124 W. Park: Thursday through Saturday, 25% off caffeinated and non caffeinated beverages.
- Charlie’s Bar & Grill, 122 S. York: Thursday $3 you call it drink special, live music all weekend.
- Essential Skin & Beauty, 112 S. York: Thursday, book a facial or massage and get a free brow wax or hand treatment ($15 value). Thursday through Saturday, 25 percent off body products, 15 percent off Peace Organic & Natural Skin care.
- Pints, 112 S. York: Thursday, buy one entrée and get the second entrée half off, $5 Newcastle drafts and $4 margaritas all weekend long.
- Smoothie Factory, 116 S. York: Free 20-ounce smoothie with $50 supplement purchase, and a 50 percent off table.
Last Hurrah savings continue all weekend during business hours at participating merchants. Visit the Elmhurst City Centre Web site for details and to see more deals.