Local Deals Abound for Veterans Day
Local businesses salute our service men and women with special deals year-round, as well as on Veterans Day.
A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here's a guide to specials in the area, taken from themilitarywallet.com — check with their site for the latest deals.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
Here's a guide to specials near Elmhurst.
- Denny’s, 17 W 660 22nd St., free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active and retired veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Outback Steakhouse, 100-28 E. Roosevelt Road,
Villa Park, free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes until Nov. 11: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID.
- T.G.I. Friday’s, 601 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard, free lunch, Monday, Nov. 12: Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
- The Olive Garden, 1211 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, free entrée, Sunday, Nov. 11: Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, November 11 during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in US and Canada, proof of service required.
- 7-Eleven (multiple stores) free Slurpee, Sunday, Nov. 11: Available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
- Home Depot Military Discount, 37 W. North Ave., Northlake, or 17W734 22nd St., Oakbrook Terrace: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Old Navy, 2155 W. 22nd St., Oak Brook: Every Monday, including Nov. 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Big Lots, 17W714 W. 22nd St., Oakbrook Terrace: Veterans, active duty, retired and reserve military personnel and their immediate family members with valid ID get a 10 percent discount on purchases.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, 72 Oakbrook Center Mall: To celebrate Veterans Day, the store is offering 20 percent off a purchase when guests present a valid military ID.
- Amazon.com—free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor”: Available at Amazon on Veterans Day. Download the album (album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Sports Authority, 15 Oakbrook Center—15 percent off all purchases: All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15 percent off your entire purchase on Nov. 11, 2012. Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special offer.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free addmission to all on Veterans Day. Go and Enjoy the scenery!