The Illinois Tollway is seeking qualified candidates for about 50 seasonal toll collector positions that will open next year.
The position pays $10 per hour. The position is seasonal and typically runs from May 15-Oct. 31, tollway officials said. Candidates must apply by Dec. 19.
The season toll collector position requires the following skills and abilities, according to a release:
- Must be able to pass written exam with a 75 percent or higher score in order to qualify for an interview
- Must be able to work from about May 15-Oct. 31
- One year of customer service, cash handling, retail or bank experience desired
- The ability to work seven days per week, 24 hours a day, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
- The ability to lift 25 pounds is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
How to apply:
- Online: Complete the Illinois Tollway application, save it to the computer and email it to email@example.com
- In person: Submit the completed application or pick up and complete the application at the Illinois Tollway Headquarters located at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send the completed application to: Illinois Tollway – Human Resources 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
“Seasonal toll collector is one of our most popular positions, and our goal is to get job applicants that represent the diverse communities the Tollway serves,” said Illinois Tollway Executive Director Kristi Lafleur in a release. “We are continually expanding our efforts to reach out to various and diverse communities in order to make sure everyone has equal access to employment opportunities at the Tollway.”
The Illinois Tollway is a user-fee system. The agency maintains and operates 286 miles of interstate tollways in 12 counties in Northern Illinois, including the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80).
For more information, visit www.illinoistollway.com.