Dual Elected Duty Among Agenda Items at Elmhurst Committee Meeting Monday
Aldermen eventually will weigh in on whether Mayor Pete DiCianni should be able to serve the city and DuPage County simultaneously, but first the discussion.
Elmhurst City Council members will meet in their committees on Monday, May 14, at City Hall, 209 N. York St. The public committee meetings will be preceded by a closed City Council meeting at 6:30 p.m. to discuss acquisition of real property.
The public meetings are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Residents will be invited to speak for up to three minutes at the end of each meeting.
Following are the agendas for Elmhurst's four committees:
Finance, Council Affairs and Administrative Services Committee
- Review request from Pilot Pete's (Metra station coffee shop)
- Review information technology equipment replacement request
- Continue review of electric aggregation program
- Begin review of restriction on the number of elected positions held by a member of the City Council
Public Works and Buildings Committee
- Stormwater ordinance and general conditions—adoption
- Construction engineering services for the York Street resurfacing project—proposal
- Refuse and recycling program
- Bids for the demolition of the building at 135 Addison and for a fire hydrant purchase
Development, Planning and Zoning Committee
- Request for an electronic sign board at Immaculate Conception Church
- Discussion of timeline and review of redevelopment plan for the proposed tax increment finance districts
- Increase of the Economic Development Commission membership from 12 to 15 members
Public Affairs and Safety Committee
- Stop sign request for Vallette and Fairfield
- Commercial filming